02 May 2012

Bake 52: classic pancakes with flavored maple syrup

I really love pancakes.  So I knew this was going to be a great week!  It's also nice every so often to make something quick and easy.  These pancakes are just that.


Dry ingredients whisked together.


This is hard to see, but there's a well there in the middle of the dry ingredients.


Pour the wet stuff into the dry.


Stir carefully, leaving it lumpy.


Cook on a hot griddle.  The book explains that if the griddle isn't hot enough, you'll get pale, gummy pancakes.  Such a great tip.


Flip.  Cook a little more.  Place in a 200 degree oven to keep warm.


Berry Maple Syrup:


Frozen blueberries... cook them in a saucepan, mashing them, until the moisture has evaporated.


Add maple syrup, (the real deal, please),  lemon zest and salt.


Stir until slightly thickened.


Top your pancakes.  Yum.

I loved this pancake recipe.  I'll be making this one again.  Check out Jesse's blog for the complete recipe.


1 comment:

Amanda said...

maybe the blueberry syrup with help me get over my hatred of m.syrup? I might have to try it with the rest of the syrup I bought. The pancakes look perfect! It was kind of nice to have a fun and easy week.