31 January 2012

Little Things To Sew-Along: Bear Carrier

I've signed-up for a number of "alongs", did you notice?  First the weekly:  Bake 52.  Baking something each week from "The America's Test Kitchen Family Baking Book".  Next, "Sewing For Boys" sew-along.  Sewing something monthly from the book by the same name.  And lastly, "Little Things To Sew" sew-along.  Also sewing something monthly from the book by the same name.  A personal goal this year, do more sewing/cooking, push myself a little.  Both are things that I really love, but I don't always make time to try new stuff.  So, I hoping that these "alongs", will help.


So, this month, our project was the Bear Carrier.  Hazel was the lucky recipient of this.  She was a little unsure what I was trying to do as I was strapping it around her to measure and snap pictures.  We'll see if she uses it.  Silas, on the other hand, asked me when I would be making one for him.  Maybe I chose the wrong child to sew this for?


Anyway, it's super cute, and really easy.  What a fun idea.  Let the kids carry a bear or doll around latched to their fronts... just like mom might do with a real infant.

I would recommend this pattern.  Can't wait to tackle the next project.  Hosted by a little gray.

5 comments:

Grandma G said...

Very cute!

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

Oh, turned out great! Love the coordinating fabric choice!!! I just found your blog through the link up, and love it!!!

Liz said...

I saw your pic on the link up. The carrier looks great - especially with the coordinating bear!

Jenny said...

Very cute! Great job :)

Jessica said...

LOVING the polka dots! So glad you joined in this month!