06 March 2012

LIttle Things to Sew: Play Town









This months sew-along; Play Town.  In all honesty, I wasn't overly excited about it.  But I decided to do it anyway.  It turned out to be fun.  Glad I did it.  And as Silas was playing with them, and questioning me about them, he informed me that he needed about a dozen more of them, so that some REAL playing could happen.  Leave it to a 4 almost 5-year old.


The "shells" all sewn together except for the ends, waiting to be stuffed.


The pattern called for 4" wide foam, but I could only find 2" wide, so I doubled-up.


So two of each cut.  That was kind-a fun.  Used a serrated knife, sliced without any problems.

Stuffed them and sewed up the bottoms by hand, and wala.  House...


and car garage...


So I tried to do some cute ric-a-rac trim along the edge of the front roof, like hers, but as you can see, didn't really work out very well.  And I was feeling lazy, so I didn't unpick to fix it.  Oh well.  The kids like them, so that's what matters.


No comments: