14 February 2012

little more valentine love...

Here's what we worked on yesterday to prepare for today...

We made sugar cookies, of course.  They were frosted later, but the kids each frosted and then ate their cookie, too fast for pictures.



During the "snow day" the girls and I made some little felt Valentines for their classes and friends.  Oh, and we did a few for Silas and his preschool friends too.  Good times.






See that little pocket?  Perfect to tuck a few little treats inside.  Here's where the idea came from.

And then lastly, we actually did this one today, and I thought it was a such a great idea from my sister-in-law.  She was super prepared and talked with each of her kids before hand... anyway, here's how it works;  individually, talk with each child and have them write (or help them write), something they love about each person in the family.  Then this morning when the kids got up for school, all of their hearts were tapped on the wall.  During breakfast they each took their hearts down and read them to each other.  My one little nephew kept squealing with excitement every time his name was read.  So cute.  So, even though I was late doing this, here's our wall.  I'm thinking we can pull them down during dinner and read them to each other.  Next year I hope to be more prepared.  Genius.

No comments: